This 6 week course offers a novel opportunity to come together with other newly retired folks and those anticipating retirement soon, to examine what sparks your interest, gives you purpose and meaning and what is wanting to bloom forward. This unique time of personal change, of uncloaking our work selves is a wonderful opportunity to give birth to new ideas, goals, and ways of being. This interactive group experience will offer a framework of support, tools to ground into mindfulness and mindful self-compassion practices along with neuroscience to help underscore the process of change. Come join in the discovery with others who, like you, are asking some very similar questions about "who am I, what do I want, where can I find purpose and meaning" along with perhaps feeling some loss over the shedding of our work selves. Mark your calendars now for the free orientation on Friday, September 20th from 10:30-11: 45 am.
Come join us as we:
- Use the practices of Mindfulness & Mindful Self-Compassion as a foundation as we explore the process of retirement.
- Assess your level of self-care and determine if there are adjustments that are needed that could improve the quality of your life.
- Take stock of your work life and what has been or will soon be left behind.
- Reflect on how you are dealing with or anticipate dealing with the loss of your work self.
- Assess your values and determine if they are in alignment with how you want to live your life.
- Discover what motivates you, excites you and gives you meaning.
- Explore what lies dormant in you that is ready to bloom into being.
- Learn how to cultivate joy and pleasure on a daily basis.
Orientation: September 20, 2019 10:30-11:45am
Course Dates: Friday September 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25, November 1
Course Time: 10:30am-12:30pm
Tuition is $325. Register at www.copperbeechinstitute.org